Propecia, the best medicine for hair treatment, particularly the male pattern baldness can be availed online. People in need of the hair loss treating drug can now buy Propecia online. There are many online pharmacies available that enable people to purchase meds as per their convenience. Buying hair loss pill Propecia online has enabled people to save time and money as the ordering process for the medicine does not take much time and also online drugstores furnish the pill for comparatively lesser price.
What is Propecia?
Propecia is a hair growth medication and is available in the form of tablet containing finasteride as the active ingredient. Finasteride is the generic name of Propecia. Finasteride is a synthetic compound and is a specific inhibitor of steroid type II 5α-reductase, which is an intracellular enzyme that can convert the androgen testosterone into 5α-dihydrotestosterone i.e. DHT. Finasteride appears as white crystalline powder and is easily soluble in chloroform, practically insoluble in water.
When is Propecia prescribed?
Propecia is prescribed to treat male pattern baldness. It is advised when men experience or complain of baldness in the crown and in the middle of the scalp. The drug effectively treats androgenetic alopecia. Propecia is to be used only by adult men. The medicine efficiently treats male pattern hair loss on the vertex and the anterior mid-scalp area.
What are the available Propecia dosages?
Propecia is available in the form of tablets in the dosage strengths of 1mg and 5mg. The medicine is manufactured by Merck and its generic variation is made by many drug companies. Propecia is administered orally with a full glass of water and can be taken irrespective of having had food or not. It is usually taken once every day though it is better to follow the guidelines as stipulated by the doctor. Propecia pills have to be handled cautiously as they have lot of risk factors. One will have to take it for at least three months to notice some benefit from the med.
Precautions before taking Propecia
Propecia, though an effective hair growth medication, also comes with certain warnings
- Be watchful while using Propecia as the medicine can get absorbed into the skin and cause harm to the skin and the body.
- If the medicine is broken or crushed, it should not be handled by a pregnant woman. This is because the exposure of finasteride to a developing male infant can result in genital abnormalities.
- Women and children are strictly not supposed to use Propecia.
- The drug can cause allergic reactions in the body, so inform the doctor in advance if you are allergic to certain ingredients in the pill or any other medicine.
- If you have any liver disease, kidney disease, prostate cancer, urinary issues or infections, then intimate to doctor so as to enable him assess your medical condition before getting prescribed for Propecia.
What are the side effects of Propecia?
If you encounter certain signs of allergic reactions like hives, breathing difficulty, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat, then consult your doctor or hair care expert immediately so as to avert any major complications. Visit your physician if you are facing any of the below mentioned common and less serious side effects
- Headache, runny nose, dizziness, weakness
- Swelling in the hands or feet
- Feeling tenderness of breasts
- Skin rashes or irritation
- Finding difficulty in having orgasm
- Loss of interest in sex
- Abnormal ejaculation
Propecia Drug Interactions
You need to talk to your doctor if you are taking prescription meds, over the counter drugs or other herbal or natural supplements before you begin to take Propecia. There are certain drugs that could interact with Propecia and hence it is very important to inform your hair care expert before you take any other medicine so as to prevent any contraindications.